We believe that one way to elevate our community is through higher education. We recognize that there are many deserving college students in the LGBT+ community who may need assistance, mentoring, and support in their college careers, and who, due to their identification as LGBT+ may be at risk for loss of educational funding and support.
To support those students, we provide a $2500 scholarship, distributed half in fall and half in spring semester. Please see below for the application details.
The 2021 Scholarship Application Season has closed.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship opportunity:
- Self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer, and/or another sexual or gender identity minority
- Be seeking a degree in any area of study at The University of Arizona in the 2021-2022 school year
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Demonstrate an interest in entrepreneurship or business ownership
- Agree to attend a Tucson LGBT Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting
- Consent to the use of your name and photo in conjunction with this award
We strongly suggest downloading the pdf of the application and preparing your application materials before returning to complete the online application, as you will not be able to save and return.
The rubrics below will be used to evaluate your submission.
Need help getting great letters of recommendation? See this website for some tips.